Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Pancakes (Eggless) | Breakfast Recipes | Infant & Toddler Food Ideas

Feeding a toddler is really a challenging task. OK, I agree I am stating the obvious here. Their mood for the food they like changes like the wind. An all-time idli / dosa lover, his recent addictions are pancakes. He has mastered the art of eating with forks with pancakes. I made this mini pancakes, painted with syrup and cut into bite sized pieces. He loves to pick it up with fork and eat all by himself. And without fuss, that is the important point. 
As in my earlier posts on feeding kids, I always try to incorporate fruit/veggie purees in his oatmeal and pancakes. His recent love are these pumpkin pancakes and I felt I should share this super simple recipe here in my space.

Ingredients:
Makes about 20 mini pancakes
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Whole wheat flour - 1/4 flour (you could use all AP flour)
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Pumpkin Spice - 1/2 tsp (click here for home made pumpkin spice recipe)
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Milk, preferably whole - 1 cup (Substitute almond milk for a vegan version)
Pumpkin puree - 2/3 cup
Oil - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp, melted (Use oil for vegan version)

Method:
Sieve the dry ingredients together. Whisk the milk, pumpkin puree, oil and butter well. Pour over the dry ingredients and whisk until no streaks of flour remain. A little lumps are OK. Heat a skillet/pan in medium heat and pour tbsp measures (or 1/4 cup measure for regular size) of the batter. When bubbles start appearing, flip and continue to cook the other side for a minute or two. Remove to a plate and serve topped with maple syrup. 

2 comments:

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.